Ellavi Uterine Balloon Tamponade
The Ellavi uterine balloon tamponade (UBT) quickly stops postpartum bleeding due to uterine atony. It’s easy to insert, fills in 45 seconds and applies sufficient pressure to the bleeding uterine wall.
- Ellavi UBT is pre-assembled, fills in under one minute, and applies pressure to stop bleeding.
- It is easy to use and, once trained, any maternal health care provider should be able to insert it.
- Water moves freely between the balloon and the supply bag.
- When the uterus regains its ability to contract, water is pushed from the balloon to the supply bag.
- A rising water level in the supply bag is a reliable indicator of uterine contractility and ensures timeous balloon removal.
Vertical Pressure Control
- Simply lifting the bag allows water to fill the balloon.
- Changing the height of the bag adjusts the pressure exerted by the balloon on the uterine wall.
- To stop bleeding, this pressure needs to be slightly higher than the blood pressure.
Breast Milk Bottles and Feeding Cup