- Can measure up to 500 ml accurately.
- Additional chamber allows for accurate measurement of small volumes.
- Double chamber prevents backflow of urine towards the patient.
- Both drainage taps have been designed for one-handed operation, ensuring sufficient distance between operator’s fingers and outlet.
- Germ-guard tap mechanism covers outlet, preventing contamination.
- Drainage bag is located behind the rigid container maximising the distance between the germ-guard tap and the floor.
- Drainage bag is made from polyethylene (not PVC) which, due to hydrophobic properties, possibly reduces the likelihood of organisms to attach to surfaces; impeding biofilm formation.
IMPROVED INFECTION CONTROL
– Taps are designed to minimize contamination during routine nursing tasks
– Additional chamber prevents reflux of urine
– Large diameter tube enhances efficiency of drainage, preventing stasis of urine
– Large, smooth surface of sampling port facilitates cleaning
EASE OF USE
– Kink resistant tubing prevents cessation of urine drainage with subsequent patient discomfort
– Large rigid reservoir prevents urine overflow
– Accurate measurement of small volumes
– Slide-clamp assists in obtaining samples